South Mountain Baptist Camp is located approximately 12 miles south of Morganton, NC. If you are using a GPS, some units require you to put “Connellys Springs” for the city name.
From Hickory or Areas East of Hickory
- Get on I-40 West.
- Take the Longview Exit #121, turn right.
- Go about 4 miles to the Advent Crossroads.
- Veer right onto George Hildebran Road.
- Go 7 miles to the stop sign and turn right at the Citgo.
- Take an immediate left onto Sugar Loaf Road.
- Follow Sugar Loaf Road until it ends at Old NC 18.
- Turn left and go 1 mile.
- Turn right onto Baptist Camp Road and follow it to camp, which will be on your left.
From Charlotte or Gastonia
- Take I-85 South to Hwy 321 North.
- Stay on Hwy 321 to Lincolnton.
- Exit onto Hwy 27 in Lincolnton.
- Take Hwy 27 West until it intersects NC 18.
- Turn right on NC 18 toward Morganton, go 2 miles North to Old NC 18 (just past Webb’s Orchard Stand).
- Turn left onto Old NC 18 and go 7 miles.
- Turn left onto Baptist Camp Road, and follow it to the camp, which will be on your left.
From Asheville or Areas West of Morganton
- Get on I-40 East.
- Take the Enola Road exit #104, turn right off the exit.
- Go until Enola Road ends at Old NC 18 and turn right.
- Go approximately 4 miles to the South Mountain Baptist Camp sign.
- Turn right onto Baptist Camp Road and follow the road to camp, which will be on your left.
- Follow NC 18 until you come to Old NC 18.
- Follow the directions above.