With your prayers…
- as an individual, choose one day each week to pray for us.
- as a family, pray for the camp at one meal each week.
- as a church, add SMBC to your church prayer list.
What to pray…
- that God would soften the hearts of children, teens, and adults who are planning to spend time on the mountain.
- that God would change these people’s lives, and that they would become part of his eternal work.
- that we would be sensitive to guests’ needs, and provide them with excellent care that communicates how much they are loved by the Lord.
- that our staff would have love, energy, diligence, and wisdom to serve.
- that the camp’s physical needs would be met.
In the summer, we have a prayer e-mail with specific needs for each week. To be added to this list, e-mail Al Tinnin at firstname.lastname@example.org
With your hands…
We have spring workdays the third Saturdays of April and May each year. Workdays provide the extra help we need to prepare for summer camp. Call in advance to schedule a special project or show up and pick a work card to jump in. Workers usually arrive between 8:00am and 9:00am. Lunch is provided for all volunteers about 12:30, or when most of us get to a good stopping point!
If the dates of our scheduled workdays aren’t convenient for your group, we would welcome your assistance at another time. Any help you offer, whether it be for a morning, an overnighter, or a weeklong mission trip, would be appreciated. To plan a time for your group, contact Ethan Cromer at 828-437-8788 or email@example.com.
- Finish the chapel – cover facia, replace and cover posts.
- Fascia boards at Hope Haven Cabin.
- Replace flooring in chapel and/or bunkhouses.
- Adopt a cabin.
- Remove dead trees – near buildings, insurance required.
Call if you have specific talents you would like to contribute. We are continually adding projects to our ‘to do’ list! Call 828-437-8788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Ethan Cromer.